Monday, October 15, 2012

McDonald-- Everyone’s Loving It!!


So here comes the second write-up from our side… and this time I am very enthusiastic to write about the topic because it’s not-just my favourite one but I had a fantastic discussion with my colleagues as well….
8th October, Monday Morning, while reading Business Standard’s- The Strategist, I read a very interesting write-up on how McDonald’s has beefed up its menu in India… I was quite impressed with the facts they had put up in the article! I decided to take our dig on those facts and convinced Bansal to write our next blog on this one only!!



Bansal’s Cabin à And the discussion starts à
I asked him, what do you think of branding strategy McD have opted from past 15years in quick-service restaurants?? After quickly reading the article, he replied with a nice expression, “I believe it’s the QSC & V approach- i.e. – quality, service, cleaniness and Value that has worked really well for them. As according to me, their QSCV approach can be seen very offently in their kitchens.” Even I agreed on this point, that Bansal made, because this particular approach forms the core of McD marketing strategy. As after every 30 minutes, the cook in the kitchen area had to wash his hands. Apart from this, McD follows a strict rule of disposal of burgers if they are not sold during their shelf life which is approximately 8 minutes after preparation. [ Research done by: BANSAL J]
Ahaan! Well Done!! But now it was my turn to place my valid reason for its success… I said, McD caters to all the masses from economical to upper class as they have a wide range of burgers and meals… in addition to that they are found almost in every part of the localities.
As expected, a big Hmmm… comes from his side and I knew my logic was quite right. We discussed about what was given in that Business Standard article about the MTS [made to stock] approach followed by McD. But now they are migrating to MFY [made for you] approach- as when you order, the food will be cooked. Absolutely Right, as this route of MFY helps McD to provide fresher and warmer food to its customers!! But its going to be a great gamble for McD as they have proved themselves successful with MTS approach.
I was thinking that may be this topic will excite me more than anybody else, but our discussion was going far better than I expected…..
And suddenly, A sixer shot comes from Bansal’s side and sweeps away the limelight of the discussion. He said, “Internal branding forms the core for a creating a brand” and McD has followed the same. [Must say, it was a Jaw-dropping quote!! :D]
After a minute, door opened, and my colleague Vipul makes the entry into the cabin… And gave a very impressive thought…. He said, “have you ever noticed that all McD ads always have an emotional connect with which people can relate to..” Waahoww!! Quite surprisingly, It was a Good Attempt from Vipul.. J
Likewise, we at Blue Pigeon tries to communicate our client’s message to their customers through a well researched and designed communication tool…. McDonald too communicate their strategies and messages to its target customers through various communication tools and maintain transparency in their work style.
On an ending note, I just want to say that McDdonald stands completely out whenever fast food restaurant name comes in (I think You all will agree… Haina!!! J)… and Yes I’ll say… “I am lovin it”!!!!J



2 comments:

  1. Moreover McD's campaigns focused more on 'value for money' as seen by their slogan "aap ke zamaaney mein, baap ke zamaaney ke daam", which made them sustainable in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the ideas adopted by McDonald is by taking out happy meal by which children got attracted and even attached towards them. so keeping all the segments in mind whether vegetarian or non vegetarian, upper class or middle class, kid or an adult they know how to attract whom and how effectively.

    ReplyDelete